Hello! I'm Nica and I'm honored that you have stumbled across my blog. Read on stick around and maybe even follow me! Thank you.

Monday, July 29, 2013

How Do You Mend A Broken Heart?


I think universally everyone has gone through at least one heartbreak in their lifetimes. I'm actually going through one right now and honestly, I can say that nothing has ever felt worse. I was with this guy for 10 months and I really fell hard for him. He was the first boy that I brought home to my family and the first guy I ever officially went public with. He was my world and my everything...but of course my whole world just had to come crashing down. Without getting too personal, I found out that he lied to me and cheated on me upon multiple occasions and no matter how many times I forgave him after he  swore he would never do it again he would just keep doing it. Finally, I broke myself down and I listened to my head and let him go officially with no ties or attachments. It was very hard but I knew that cutting him off was the only thing that I could do.

What is it about love that makes us so vulnerable and so blind? Why does love make us so weak? I've seen people constantly tell themselves that they need to get out of a relationship only to completely forget their situation as soon as they see their lover. Why does love come with so much pain and heartache?

How do you deal when its over? I still have very strong feelings for this man and I don't see myself ever able to let go of them any time soon. I still find myself bursting into tears at the thoughts of the memories. I still have dreams about him and he is constantly on my mind. Why is it so hard to forget? Why does it take so long for the pain to heal? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Inside the Mind of Nica D, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena